This is a full time position reporting to the Senior Pastor.
1. Shepherd and minister to the Cantonese Congregation.
2. Provide caring and counseling for spiritual growth and needs.
3. Teach and preach the Bible.
4. Lead and nurture evangelistic endeavors to proclaim the Gospel.
Provide spiritual leadership, guidance and participate in assigned congregational programs under the supervision of the Senior Pastor and co-working with members of the pastoral team, elders and deacons in the following:
- Sunday worship service and pulpit preaching in the assigned congregation and other congregations as needed.
- Sunday school, discipleship training and development of church leaders.
- Lead and perform pastoral caring and counseling to individuals, couples, families and groups on spiritual growth, deficiencies, conflicts and crisis prevention.
- Lead congregational and/or church-wide evangelistic and outreach missions in local and distant communities.
- Oversee and lead fellowship activities including fellowship and prayer meetings and retreats.
Personal qualification and experience:
- Possesses spiritual maturity and clear calling to serve as a pastor/minister in the Cantonese speaking congregation.
- Possesses prayerful submission and humility in leading the congregation in accordance with the core value of CBCGL (see under ‘Faith Statement’ and ‘Our Mission’ at www.cbcgl.org).
- Experience as a pastor/minister in Cantonese speaking congregation, and in pulpit preaching, discipleship training and Bible teaching. Additional experience in any or all of the above in an English speaking congregation desirable but not required.
- Experience in pastoral caring and counseling of individuals, couples, families and groups in spiritual growth, deficiencies, conflicts and crisis prevention preferred but not required.
- Experience in organizing and leading evangelical and outreach activities in local communities and short and long term missions.
Education: M. Div. or higher from an accredited theological seminary or equivalent of evangelical faith.
Language: Proficient in Chinese and native speaker of the Cantonese and Mandarin dialects, and working knowledge of written and spoken English.
Applicants please email your cover letter, statement of faith, two (2) testimonies of salvation and full time calling, and resume to the attention of Elder Ming Chiang (江世明長老) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application by mail should be sent to the address:
Chinese Bible Church of Greater Lowell
197 Littleton Road
Chelmsford MA 01824